What makes us different?
A key question facing most of our clients is something like:
"Will I have enough income to maintain my current lifestyle when I stop working?”
In most cases we start by providing you with a financial plan. In the plan we bring together your key financial information in one place: income, expenditure, assets, debt, likely events that will affect your position.
Having a very real picture of your cash flow does not guarantee a rosy future but it removes (most of) the guesswork and allows you to make informed decisions. It tells you how much you need to earn or save.
The resulting plans are easy to understand as we present them in a simple numerical and pictorial form.
For one client the plan suggested that following his wife’s early retirement he too could afford to stop working so that together they could take a "gap year” to visit all the places their children had told them about on their travels!
For another it meant having the confidence to give up a job she hated far earlier than she had ever anticipated after receiving an unexpected inheritance.
A third client always wanted to retire at 58. The plan proved this was too optimistic so he has accepted that 65 is a more realistic timescale, but he is now working 4 days a week to spend more time at home.
The Lowland Financial Planning Experience:
- Starts with you, your needs, your wishes, your passions.
- Then we need to know more about your money, your assets, your investments, your tolerance to risk.
- We agree and document your goals and ambitions.
- We coordinate all your financial details.
- We start cash flow modeling to see what needs to happen, what’s possible, what’s not.
- We prepare a financial plan, mapping out how we can achieve your goals at minimum risk to you.
- We optimise your wealth by minimising investment costs and efficient tax planning.
- We review regularly to make sure you are on track.
- We keep talking. It takes time to achieve the right balance.