Lowland is a privately owned firm based in Galashiels. We offer fee based financial advice to clients living in (or with connections to) the Scottish Borders, The Lothians and North Northumberland. Graeme Mitchell, Managing Director, has been with the company since it was established in 2000 and helped hundreds of people make informed choices, but with over 100 years financial services experience between all the staff, Lowland Financial in general is well placed to offer advice and information on most aspects of money management.
Our specialist area is retirement planning. If you are looking for reassurance that when the time comes – you will have access to a substaintial enough cashflow to maintain current lifestyle – that’s a large part of what we do. We start by bringing everything together in one place to illustrate what your retirement income might look like and then suggest ways to ideally improve your situation.
Whether you are:
- planning to retire many years in the future,
- approaching retirement and would like advice on pension options or a plan for income,
- or are already retired and need support to ensure your financial plan stays on track…
…we can help!
We encourage clients to come to our offices in Gala where we have access to an array of bespoke financial planning tools and information. The first meeting is free so you can decide if we provide what you are looking for and if you are comfortable working with us.
The purpose of the Lowland Financial advice service is for you to achieve the right balance between maintaining (or hopefully improving) your current lifestyle as well as planning and actively preparing for the future you want. We listen carefully when you to tell us about what you really want from life –unspoken ambitions, places you always wanted to visit or peace of mind that your family will benefit from your wealth without having to suffer for example the consequences of 40% Inheritance Tax on some of your hard earned money.
- First time visitor? - To find out more about us, and how we work, please download a copy of our free report "Your Guide to a Happy Retirement" at the top of this page.
- Press Cuttings - If you want to know more about Lowland why not check out the "Press cuttings" section to see some articles from the Scotsman, Times and various trade publications.
The majoroty of our clients come to Lowland as a result of personal recommendations, so if you think that people who matter to you most could be better off because we can help them make more informed financial choices, please get them to call us too.
Very much looking forward to speaking with you soon,
Graeme, and all of us at Lowland Financial Services Ltd